Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Another November Rose
I decided to post another rose photo today because several of you in your comments made mention of the fact that we were lucky to still have roses or it was wonderful to have roses before the frost came, et cetera. Here in the Arizona desert, we are just beginning our rose season. In the past three to four weeks our roses have started blooming again after the summer's heat and we will continue to have blooming roses through the winter and the spring until probably July when the temperatures once again top 110 degrees. Many people are surprised that roses do so well in our desert climate but we generally have roses in bloom about nine months of the year. I never tire of photographing them and they are an abundant source of subject matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
This is my favorite time of year. The poor roses have to get through the harsh summer. I always feel sorry for a rose bush in August.
This is a beautiful rose, and I will enjoy every one that you post! :)
Stunning, perfect rose. I, too, will appreciate each one that you post.
Fascinating. I never knew that about roses! Basically, you have them when we don't and visa versa. You are in the lucky side of that swap!
Post a Comment