Saturday, October 2, 2010

Looking East at Sunset


We had some pretty dramatic skies late in the day here in the Southwestern desert.  When we think of sunsets, we always think of looking west.  I found this beautiful backdrop showing the magnificence of our planet by looking east, instead of west.  To see the sky I saw when I looked west toward the sunset, CLICK HERE.  (There was very little manipulation done to this photo.  I edited it in Picasa, chose I'm Feeling Lucky, then auto contrast, and then added about 10 percent highlights.)

10 comments:

T. Becque said...

This is heavenly!

Unknown said...

Very dramatic! I saw lightning on my way home tonight. Fingers crossed for a rapid cool down!

SouthernSass said...

Very beautiful shots!

Topaz Adjust is a great (and inexpensive) editing tool to use in addition to Picasa. It gives photos an extra pop. You can try it free for 30 days.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Gorgeous!

Cher' Shots said...

WOW ~ for some reason it made me feel like I could float right into those clouds.

Rohrerbot said...

Incredible pic!! Last night's storms were amazing....I hope we have more today and tomorrow!!

Glenda said...

Breath-taking shot!!!

Magpie said...

You're so right...we often get the best show by looking in the opposite direction than what we expect. Great catch, Kathy!

Suburban Girl said...

I too have noticed that looking East is at sunset will get you some great light and color.

Sharon Creech said...

Magnifico!