Sunday, September 26, 2010
Rust and Weeds
I have discovered that I'm fascinated with rust. I find myself looking for it around every corner. I remember shortly after moving to the desert a friend from the Midwest came for a visit and announced, "Well, you don't see any rusty cars here, that's for sure!" But back in my native East Texas where it rains on average about 45 inches a year, rust abounds. I found this old cattle trough on Mother's farm this year while I was visiting. It's totally rusted out and with the weeds growing up through the bottom of it, it's doubtful it will ever again hold water. East Texas is Rust Mecca! And it has its share of weeds, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Great shot! I love the vibrancy of the yellow flowers. Beautiful!
I like the dichotomy of the old rusted out trough and vibrant lively flowers.
I say that all the time! I love rust! My Sweetheart thinks I'm crazy :) Maybe a little bit.
I have never seen such a beautiful collection of weeds perfectly displayed. Oh, I love rust too. I am forever finding old rusty things and my father in law is always offering to shine them up for me. ;)
who would have thought they can be a perfect combination, beautiful.
What a find!! Great shot. It is a little more challenging to rusty things here, but I'll be looking just for you. :)
Yep, rust and weeds are in abundance in these parts, especially farm areas! And it does make a great photo!
Post a Comment