Thursday, September 2, 2010

Farm Fresh Eggs



In view of the national salmonella outbreak from eggs, everybody says if possible you should buy local eggs.  My mom gets her eggs from a neighbor (the one who raises the Polish chickens that you've seen on this blog as well as my picture-a-day site).  This is about as fresh as you get.  They come in all colors: white, beautiful browns, and pale pastels ~ blue, green, and pink.

6 comments:

Glenda said...

This pic brings back lots of memories!! And I know the feel of reaching into the nest and "gathering" the days' eggs. I think it's sad that kids today will only know about fresh eggs from photos.

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Ready made Easter eggs? How do they taste. Are they pretty good?

Magpie said...

This is the only way to eat eggs...so fresh. The taste is so much better. I can remember sitting with my Aunt Jean and washing the eggs from the farm before we put them away. So good!

Suburban Girl said...

I've been wanting to switch to farm fresh eggs for a while...but I don't know where to get them without driving quite a ways.

Unknown said...

love the lighting and details.

Tes said...

I'd gladly roll with fresh farm eggs too! Yum!