Friday, September 23, 2011

Viva la Rust!


I love old tractors, the rustier, the better.  I discovered this one in a tractor/lawn mower/golf cart/race car junkyard near Douglass, Texas, last winter while searching for an old iron truss bridge with my Uncle Joe Buck.  Yes, his given name is Joe Buck.  Joe is not short for anything and Buck is just Buck.  My  mother said their mother allowed a friend to name him.  I suppose that's because after seven or eight babies, she just ran out of ideas!  Can you imagine allowing a friend to name your child?

13 comments:

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Love it! Love rust! Perfect title!
Have a great weekend, Kathy.

Birdman said...

I love this photo. Tractor time!

TexWisGirl said...

laughing at Joe Buck!!! wonder how many times he's cursed that family friend! :)

and that tractor shot is delicious!

Magpie said...

Such an amazing story all the way around. Hanging out with your Uncle Joe Buck, his interesting name, and discovering rust! You must have had a wonderful day.

How are you feeling? Is your back better?

Glenda said...

Fun, fun post, Kathy! Love the title . . . and the old tractor . . . and the story of Uncle Joe Buck! Bet he has some good stories to tell!

Anonymous said...

"tractor/lawn mower/golf cart/race car junkyard" - you hang out in all the fun places!

T. Becque said...

Wonderful rust! Wonderful photo!

Brenda's Arizona said...

My, you find the best rust!!!
And Joe Buck is a great name, isn't it? I think there is some sportscaster with the same name. He is probably a millionaire.

Suburban Girl said...

Haha,..great tractor portrait! I feel like it is looking at me.

PETRO50 said...

Yes, I know on my blog about the form of a police officer with the actor Tom Selleck .... The old tractor had much work experience. Now it's rest that. I wondered how long it remains at rest. It would be nice tractor-veteran. / Peter.

EG CameraGirl said...

No, I cannot imagine anyone naming MY child but myself. I love old tractors too. :)

Virginia said...

I love that story. In the south, it's not unusual you know.

I love rusty.......anything!
V

Anonymous said...

I see rust in a whole new light because of you :)

And that poor mama...bet she was exhausted!