Monday, September 19, 2011

Fallin' Down Drunk ...


... in Martinsville, Texas

This old barn is typical of many buildings throughout rural America 
that I like to describe as the final swagger in the stagger of fallin' down drunk.

13 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

I like that....the final "swagger in the stagger". I felt like that last night. Had too much sangria! But it was good:)

TexWisGirl said...

that's just gorgeous, and perfect description!

EG CameraGirl said...

It certainly does look down and out. :)

Anonymous said...

Can you post one that is hungover?

Glenda said...

I like your caption as much as the great photo!

Sharon Creech said...

We've seen a lot of these lately . . . and derelict buildings in general, esp. in small towns.

Anonymous said...

Love your title! Hahaha

Susie Clevenger said...

This reminds me of my dad's old garage...only it is still standing tall

Katney said...

I love old barns.

Doug Hickok said...

Ha, that's a good one Kathy :^) Indeed, this old barn seems quite tipsy. A reminder of distant eras.

Magpie said...

Love that line "final swagger in the stagger"! It describes the building beautifully.

PS: The little piggy was at the ranch where I attended a wedding this past weekend. More shots to come.

Suburban Girl said...

But I love those old barns. I wish so many weren't on their final swagger!

Virginia said...

I LOVE that title! I"ve seen these all over Alabama. And well, probably your title fits them.
V