Friday, December 17, 2010
Red Trees, Red Dirt
This is a scene from one of my mom's pastures. Notice the red dirt road on the left behind the barn? I think it complements the red of the big oak tree. It was very cold here today. A high of 46 degrees with high winds out of the northeast that froze my fingers and nose as I took the trash up the lane to the road for our Friday pickup and to get the mail from the mailbox. It's a real treat to have trash service. Up until just a few years ago mom burned her trash and hauled off the items that couldn't be burned. She actually still likes to burn certain papers ~ she refuses to get a shredder. I actually have gotten her a pair of shredder scissors for Christmas. We'll see if she uses them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
That certainly is a beautiful scene. I love the red tree.
Oh, this takes me right back to my uncle's farm in Illinois...no red dirt though. Beautiful, Kathy.
I am thinking of all the great photos you will be getting from there! Mom was pretty spry to keep up with her trash all these years.
Wonderful pastoral pic! Amazing to think that there are rural places that only recently started getting garbage collection. Your mom sounds like an inspiration.
Post a Comment