Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Precious Shade
The commencement of summertime and our daily triple-digit figures are very hard on our city's homeless population. I photographed this man napping under the shade of a couple trees overlooking one of our city parks about a month ago. Since then our temperatures have climbed as high as 110 degrees. Summer is very hard in the desert Southwest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm sure this person is thankful for the things we take for granted - a bench and a shade tree. Your picture reminds me that I need to be more thankful.
We rarely - if ever - see a homeless person in our rural communities, but I can imagine that your city has a tremendous number. My heart goes out to them; I know God's big heart must break for them.
My husband say it isn't as bad because there isn't humidity...but when we drove through the desert he opened all the windows and I begged to differ with him. We shut the windows and turned on the AC. :)
Post a Comment