Friday, June 25, 2010

7/100 Strangers - Carissa



I met Carissa last week at the farmers market at a farmers market booth.  No, that is not redundant.  The organization that hosts the farmers markets in the greater Phoenix area has a booth that disseminates information about the market and this year has instituted a service where one can charge their purchases on a credit card.  Many of the merchants are cash only but now they will give shoppers a receipt for their goods and the customers can present the receipt to Carissa who will process the credit card charge.  Carissa, a native Nebraskan, immediately agreed to be one of my "strangers."  I was initially attracted to her Western hat, her feathery earrings, and the reflecting sunglasses.  She is extremely photogenic.  Every picture I took was a keeper!  Thank you, Carissa!

6 comments:

Magpie said...

I would love to see a smile on her face!

SRQ said...

Nice capture. She has an interesting look about her.

Suburban Girl said...

I do like this one. You picked a goody - all those attributes make a great photo. I like the lighting and composition.

Unknown said...

I like how you cropped this photo, the touch of light on her skin and the
paris hilton shades.

and to answer your question:
Eng Q is my wife,
your eyesight is not failing you, far from it.
your observation and instinct is spot on. btw, your question gave me the idea
to post about my family, if you have time you can see us
here
.

Unknown said...

ps, eng, started her photoblog with the comments disabled, she feels that she
is being unfair to others if she cant return their comments.

you can click here, or just google the words.

Here for the curves, this is not exclusive to photoshop, most editing program have this.

Unknown said...

The lighting in this photo is stunning!