Saturday, May 15, 2010

Azaleas



Azaleas do not grow naturally in Phoenix.  Way too hot and not enough water.  But aren't we lucky that we can buy them relatively cheaply as potted plants in some of our grocery floral departments.

For more photographs of beautiful flowers, visit Today's Flowers.

20 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Such a beautiful color combination on these Kathy. Love your photo :)

vincibene said...

Wonderful picture! I love azaleas. In our city in South Germany they are in the summer as pottet plants in the streets.

Unknown said...

Clever lighting on the subject and the perfect framing adds to the beauty of it.

jabblog said...

I love azaleas and this is a very pretty one. I really like your inversion post too!

Xavi said...

I like your pictures of azalea and also, ornamental cabbage with inverted colors, and the houses of the Portland Street.
Have a great sunday.

Maia T said...

Wonderful Azalea macro and nice framing.

Gwyn said...

Greetings from Alaska!
Nice job, Kathy. Wow, to have azaleas in my home would be wonderful. They're gorgeous.

Serline said...

They look lovely and tasty, I almost want to take a bit and expect a nice crunch!

Pat said...

I have the exact same title on my post for today! These are very unique and pretty azaleas...I've never seen any like this before.

EG CameraGirl said...

Well, we have something in common, Kathy! I can't grow azaleas in my garden either! (But because the winters are too cold.)

Ebie said...

Lighting and framing gave justice to this beautiful flower!

P.S. I love the effects of your inversion on your previous posts. I have seen that link in Rebecca's blog.

Thanks for sharing it again.

Carletta said...

These are stunning! Now, if they only smelled like peppermint. :)
Love the inversion shots below and the strawberries - a striking shot!

lazyclick said...

Wow! beautiful flowers.

Icy BC said...

Gorgeous macro shot of this azalea..

Suburban Girl said...

Where have I been? I never saw two tones azaleas before! They look beautiful.

Rosamaria said...

I have azaleas, but not so beautiful as yours, and the presentation is very, very nice.
Thanks for your visit, dear!

Glenda said...

That is the most beautiful and unique azalea I have ever seen! Azalea blooms don't last long here, but they are some of my favorite flowers.

eileeninmd said...

What a lovely color, Beautiful azalea and photo!

eden said...

My first time to see an azalea as gorgeous as this. I love the colour. So pretty. Great photo.

Thanks for stopping by

Michelle said...

So beautiful and those inversion shots are so neat. I should try that on some of my shots. :)