It's a gorgeous building! Love such interesting classic architecture. It will be great when you can come back this way....guess what! It's snowing big beautiful flakes and its sticking! A very different morning for us! :-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
10 comments:
You're so right -- banks used to be the best looking building in a town. Now, when a bank is built is usually a squatty, square structure.
Everything is so modern now with straight lines. Love these old, ornate buildings. I didn't know Italy, TX was pronounced that way!
like gail, i didn't know the pronunciation either. :) cool old bank.
Interesting combination of brick and Corinthian capitals.
That is a beautiful building. I wonder how old it is? They don't make them like they used to.
I love it that you tell us how to pronounce the place names. :)
Grand architecture!
It's a gorgeous building! Love such interesting classic architecture. It will be great when you can come back this way....guess what! It's snowing big beautiful flakes and its sticking! A very different morning for us! :-)
The detail in the architecture is just gorgeous!
Italy is in Texas? I learn something new everyday. :)
Post a Comment