I've heard when they puff up that is how they're staying warm. I really don't see how birds survive frigid temps, but they do. She sure is a pretty one.
I like how the bright colouring on the bird makes me thing warm, but then to his right is the reminder of winter with the frozen water drop on the metal feeder. Spring soon please!!
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
15 comments:
what a tough mama. so icy. ( :
a little icy then!
He looks COLD, but so pretty!
It is a beautiful bird with all the red accents.
Snack = ice cream? :-) Lovely capture.
I've heard when they puff up that is how they're staying warm. I really don't see how birds survive frigid temps, but they do. She sure is a pretty one.
He is just adorable. I so often wonder just how they survive when it gets so cold, but they seem to do just fine.
This is a wonderful photograph, Kathy. Love the way they get all fluffed up to keep warm.
I hope you've had a great weekend, and I wish you a wonderful beginning to your week.
Are those little ice drops? Is it that cold down there?
Snacks are a good thing...
Wow, punker. ;)
Great shot! I like its red beak.
I like how the bright colouring on the bird makes me thing warm, but then to his right is the reminder of winter with the frozen water drop on the metal feeder. Spring soon please!!
I love the character of the female cardinal shown in this photo.
Love the colors.
GREAT closeup! :)
Post a Comment