Thursday, January 19, 2012

Jerome, Arizona, Streetscape


Last summer while in Arizona I spent a day in Jerome.  It's one of the most amazing places to take photos.  In anticipation of my upcoming trip I thought I'd give you a little taste of Jerome.  I'm not sure I'll make it back there this trip, but if you ever get the chance, you should spend a day in this scenic place.  It was once a thriving mining town, then became a certifiable ghost town, and now since the late 1980s has and is seeing a resurgence.  It is built on a mountainside and the once crumbling buildings have been restored to their wondrous early days.  It is a mecca of fun shops and is filled with Arizona copper mining history.

12 comments:

Karl said...

I think you are right Kathy, this must really be an amazing place to take photos! In any case, your photo is great!

Gail Dixon said...

What a charming locale! Must've been a photographer's paradise. Thanks for sharing!

biebkriebels said...

It looks nice with the mountains behind.

Suburban Girl said...

Do you know what has caused the resurgence? I am always interested in towns making a come back. I love places like this.

TexWisGirl said...

i do like how you took this pic to show the terrain. :)

Magpie said...

Love the perspective on this shot!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and see you next week! They just called to let me know me camera is fixed. Woohoo!

Rohrerbot said...

It sure has a magical quality to it. I have been meaning to head up back this way for awhile now...but I think it's going to have to wait until end of February:( I love how you capture "history" in your shots. I don't know what you do, but your pics carry that feel in them.....and look amazing. If I looked at a bunch of pics, I could pick yours out because there is a unique and signature look to them which is really special. Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

It's a fantstic looking place, can feel the character and history through your photograph.

Birdman said...

I'd be some excited to go there too, if this is just a sampling.

EG CameraGirl said...

I agree that Jerome is a great place. I wasn't into photography when I was there. Hopefully I will get there again!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Cool photo, cool angle!!