Caldwell Zoo
Tyler, Texas
I'm very ignorant of bird types. I have no clue whether this is an egret, a heron, or perhaps even a stork. I don't think it's a stork and I'd bet it's an egret rather than a heron. But until one of my blogger friends who is much more educated than I on this subject can lend some knowledge, I'll just call him Big [White] Bird!
12 comments:
I think Big Bird will do! Great shot!
Great Egret! and a fine photo!
Pencil neck.
Beautiful capture of the Great Egret!
Very elegant and proud!
Beautiful, Kathy! The white feathers pop against the background. I trying to catch up reading my favorite blogs, and I can see I've missed some great posts! I love the old fire truck and the rooster especially . . . but each photo is awesome.
Hope your new year is off to a great start! Today I took my Christmas tree down after celebrating a very late Christmas with family this weekend. But who cares the date on the calendar when family can be together?!
It looks like a Great Egret to me, but I'm not an expert. Lovely, crisp shot!! I've been meaning to get out to the zoo here in Baton Rouge since the weather is so nice.
My call is a Great Egret also. Beautiful...whatever name we call him.
Definitely a great egret. Nice capture. They're not especially easy to shoot with their bright white feathers.
i think so too...shud be an egret. but watever it may be...the big white bird is well shot :)
Cheers,
My Third Eye
I just love capturing those impressive birds!
Egret. Though I like the 'pencil neck' comment above!
Post a Comment