Thursday, July 1, 2010

8/100 Strangers - Lisa


Lisa is one of the street people you might encounter near the grounds of the Arizona State Capitol.  She actually encountered me as I returned to my car after a tour of an historic home in the area.  She said, "Whatcha doin'?  Just takin' a buncha pitchers?"  I replied, "Sure.  You want me to take your picture?"  She stood very straight with her shoulders back and posed.  When I showed her the screen she asked if I'd take another one.  I did and asked her if she liked that one any better.  She told me she'd like to take my camera and take a picture of her sister.  I had to politely decline, and as I turned to go to my car, she waved and said, "God bless you."

And God bless you, Lisa.

P.S.  I received an e-mail this week from the wife of Guy - Stranger 5/100 (posted here on June 19) - who said she believed that was the best picture that had ever been taken of him and that it captured his personality completely.  My goodness!  I walked around with my peacock feathers all fluffed for several days!

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I remember you telling me and Magpie this story, Kathy. And that's so cool that you received an email from the spouse of one of your subjects!

Magpie said...

You're doing such a good job with this project, Kathy. I've been kicking around with the idea. And they were well-deserved kudos on your photo of Guy.

Lara said...

This is such a good photo. Very raw, very real.