Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Garden of St. Mary's Basilica


Today was a fine day to go strolling downtown and at the beautiful garden at St. Mary's Basilica 
spring was all dressed up in her Sunday finest. 
I like this shot of a family, baby snoozing in the stroller, brother climbing a tree,
while mom just took in all the pretty sights.


Mother and baby admire the fountain.


As I got closer to the fountain, I discovered someone's jeans laying on the edge!  I wonder where the person went and I wonder what state of dress they went there in!

To Return to the Main Blog and a picture of the Basilica,

8 comments:

Magpie said...

The green is soooo green. Great shots...I too am really wondering about those jeans...hmmmm.

Maia T said...

You've captured some great photos while studying human behavior in spring.
For your last photo: did you look in the fountain for the guy who left his jacket?

What a coincidence, today I captured similar scenery and fountain, in my town.

Glenda said...

I'm wondering about the jeans-less person, too!!The photos are beautiful! Don't you enjoy people watching?

You asked about my night photos, and I really don't have any advice. Most of mine don't turn out well at all. That particular shot was taken driving down the highway in Tennessee back in January. I was really amazed at the blue-colored clouds around the moon. Using Picasa I added some fill light and soft focus.

Jama said...

Maybe someone's drying the jean there? beautiful photographs you have here, especially the flowers! they are simply awesome!

DeniseinVA said...

Such lovely photos, I enjoyed every one of them and followed the link to the Basilica. An amazing and beautiful structure. Thanks Kathy and have a great day.

Suburban Girl said...

The jeans sure do add a sense of mystery! The fountain is blue! You could link this to my Midweek Blues post!

Carol said...

Great photos...the fountain is beautiful...

Nefertiti said...

tres joli parc ;O)