East Texas is well-known for its beautiful azaleas which bloom in early spring. Nacogdoches has an annual Azalea Trail where one can take various driving routes throughout the city to view some of the lovely landscapes.
Even the historic Oak Lawn Cemetery bursts into bloom.



14 comments:
really like that last shot. very pretty!
Thanks for another road trip idea! So pretty.
We had snow yesterday. I can't wait for azaleas to bloom.
Lovely pictures with the flowers.
I miss the azeleas of the 'south' and midsouth. Lovely colors... thanks for sharing, Kathy!
The azaleas are gorgeous! So profuse. They are blooming like crazy here, too, but I have yet to take any photos yet and I really should!
The azaleas are gorgeous! So profuse. They are blooming like crazy here, too, but I have yet to take any photos yet and I really should!
Gorgeous colours!
I LOVE azaleas! They remind me of Virginia & Alabama in the spring. We lived in a house once in Va that was on the water, and there were hundreds of azaleas and dogwood trees. Every spring the grounds looked like an iced cake!
Azaleas are so pretty! Beautiful shots.
I used to love the azaleas when we lived in GA. Beauties!
How beautiful these are, Kathy, and I cannot wait to begin to see them here. Going to have to wait a bit though, as we are getting more snow today. :-(
Beautiful. We used to have a lot of azaleas when we lived in GA. So pretty!
Just beautiful!
Post a Comment